Do Something for Yourself and Attend Elevate
After a decade-long absence, the National Leadership Conference made a comeback and was held at Bowling Green State University in the summer of 2011. The year also held historic significance as it marked the 30th National Leadership Conference held by the Fraternity. The program was such a success the Fraternity decided to bring back Elevate for good! The now International Leadership Conference (with groups in Canada and Scotland) is held each summer, either as a stand-alone conference in odd years or in conjunction with Grand Chapter in even years.
Having the opportunity to gather and share brotherhood with Alpha Sigs from across the world is an inherent benefit of being a member of an international fraternity. At Elevate, specific tracks are offered to make the experience as relevant and applicable to everyone attending. In the past, tracks have been offered for Advanced Leaders (current Prudential Board officers) and Emerging Leaders (those interested in running for a Prudential Board office); a Ritual track (for Marshals, Sgt. at Arms or those interested in the Ritual); a Graduating Seniors Track (for those entering their senior year); and a Standards Board track (for members of the Standards Board). New tracks are typically developed annually to keep the program cutting-edge. This year's tracks include Career Preparation - Freshmen & Sophomores, Career Preparation - Juniors & Seniors, Health & Wellness, Recruitment, Ritual, Service & Philanthropy, and Toastmasters: Professional Speaking.
Elevate - International Leadership Conference 2017 will take place in Raleigh, NC at North Carolina State University's McKimmon Center on July 13 through July 16, 2017.
Check back for a copy of the schedule and the attendee handbook on September 15. Registration opens in October.
Elevate has been held in a variety of locations over the years. Here is a list of the locations that have hosted the Elevate - International Leadership Conference.
- 1963 Morris Harvey College Charleston, West Virginia
- 1965 Morris Harvey College, Charleston, West Virginia
- 1967 Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- 1969 Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- 1971 Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- 1973 Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- 1975 University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois
- 1977 Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- 1979 Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- 1981 University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
- 1983 Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- 1985 Penn State University, State College, Pennsylvania
- 1987 Bethany College, Bethany, West Virginia
- 1989 Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- 1991 Penn State University, State College, Pennsylvania
- 1993 Somerset, New Jersey
- 1995 Charleston, South Carolina
- 1997 Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
- 1999 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 2001 Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2011 Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio
- 2013 Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia
- 2015 Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, Columbus, Ohio
- 2017 North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina