The 26th Elevate - International Leadership Conference will take place in Louisville, Kentucky on July 8-11, 2021. Because of the cancellation of the 56th Grand Chapter of Alpha Sigma Phi in summer 2020 (due to the Coronavirus Pandemic), Elevate has become the Event to Celebrate our 175th Anniversary. Tickets for Elevate will become available shortly.
The History of Elevate
After a decade-long absence, the National Leadership Conference made a comeback and was held at Bowling Green State University in the summer of 2011. The program was such a success the Fraternity decided to bring back Elevate for good. The now International Leadership Conference (with groups in Canada) is held each summer, either as a stand-alone conference in odd years or in conjunction with Grand Chapter in even years.
Having the opportunity to gather and share brotherhood with Alpha Sigs from across the world is an inherent benefit of being a member of an international fraternity. At Elevate, specific tracks are offered to make the experience as relevant and applicable to everyone attending. In the past, tracks have been offered for Advanced Leaders and Emerging Leaders; a Ritual track; a Graduating Seniors Track; and a Standards Board track. New tracks are typically developed annually to keep the program cutting-edge.
Elevate has been held in a variety of locations over the years. Here is a list of the locations that have hosted the Elevate - International Leadership Conference.
- 1963 Morris Harvey College Charleston, West Virginia
- 1965 Morris Harvey College, Charleston, West Virginia
- 1967 Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- 1969 Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- 1971 Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- 1973 Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- 1975 University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois
- 1977 Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- 1979 Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- 1981 University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
- 1983 Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- 1985 Penn State University, State College, Pennsylvania
- 1987 Bethany College, Bethany, West Virginia
- 1989 Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- 1991 Penn State University, State College, Pennsylvania
- 1993 Somerset, New Jersey
- 1995 Charleston, South Carolina
- 1997 Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
- 1999 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 2001 Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2011 Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio
- 2013 Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia
- 2015 Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, Columbus, Ohio
- 2017 North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
- 2019 Phoenix, Arizona