Board of Advisors Selection and Criteria
Selection is made by the Alpha Sigma Phi President & CEO. He may use a selection committee composed of current Board of Advisor members to assist with the selection process.
Criteria for selection may include but is not limited to professional experiences, board history, undergraduate and alumni offices held and accomplishments, and industry background. Ultimately the Board of Advisors is composed of our most influential and accomplished stakeholders and provides these individuals opportunities for professional, personal, and networking opportunities.
At a minimum, the commitment is one year, but members can make a commitment for up to five years from the date the they join. There are no term limits. The annual term of a Board of Advisor member is from January 1 to December 31.
The Board of Advisors exists to achieve four outcomes:
- Fraternity and Foundation leaders will gain perspective and insight from some of our most successful and/or engaged alumni.
- Members will be able to professionally and personally network with one another, along with members of the Foundation Board of Directors and Grand Council.
- Through exposure to the Foundation Board and Grand Council, along with our leadership programs, members will be able to advocate for Alpha Sigma Phi among other alumni, leading other alumni to engage with Alpha Sigma Phi.
- Financially support the Fund for Alpha Sigma Phi which helps to ensure that funding is available for programs such as Academy of Leadership and to continue to provide academic, merit and needs based scholarships for our undergraduate and graduate members.
The expectations for membership are basic, with many opportunities for additional involvement if your schedule permits. The expectations of Board membership are:
- Give an annual amount of $1,000 to the Alpha Sigma Phi Foundation.
- Make every effort to attend the annual meeting.