Write for the Nation's Oldest College Fraternity Publication
The Editorial Board for The Tomahawk of Alpha Sigma Phi plays an important role in keeping the oldest collegiate fraternity publication in the United States fresh and relevant for the various audiences served. Audiences include alumni and undergraduate members of Alpha Sigma Phi, their families and friends, and interested parties including college and university administrators, faculty advisors, and non-member volunteers at the chapter level.
The Editorial Board works closely with the magazine's editor and the Communications staff for Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity to:
- Ensure that the magazine maintains a high level of editorial integrity and aids in advancing the purpose of the fraternity
- Help determine topics of interest for readers
- Assist with identifying story opportunities
- Assist with contacting and interviewing sources for stories
- Assist with writing stories for inclusion in the magazine
- Review story materials prior to publication for quality and accuracy
The Editorial Board is to be comprised of no more than nine members to include:
- Editor who serves as Chairman of the Editorial Board
- Fraternity Communications Staff Member (staff liaison)
- Undergraduate members
- Alumni members
Each member of the Editorial Board will be considered contributing editors of The Tomahawk.
Although it is ideal to have experienced communications professionals, we need to have a cross-section of members in order to best gauge topics of interest and how to make the publication more relevant.
This is to be an active, hands-on editorial board. Board members need to commit to attending monthly conference calls and one face-to-face meeting each year. The face-to-face meeting's purpose is to chart an annual calendar. Conference calls are to adjust the calendar based on organizational needs, determine relevant topics and stories, report on progress of story development, and finalize details for the next edition of The Tomahawk. Those serving on the Board are asked to make a two year commitment.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send an email to email@example.com expressing your interest.
For those not interested in serving on the Board, but who would like to be involved, you could always submit at story idea and write for The Tomahawk. If you have a story idea and are interested in being a contributing writer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.