Become a Mentor, Become a Grand Chapter Advisor
The Grand Chapter Advisor (GCA) plays a key role in our organization. He is the lead volunteer and is appointed by and reports to the Fraternity's CEO. Once appointed, a GCA will serve until the next Grand Chapter. At that time, the Fraternity's CEO may reappoint him for two additional years, or until the next Grand Chapter. This is a non-paid, volunteer role for Alpha Sigma Phi alumni or non-initiated men of character who exemplify our values by the way they live.
Click here for a current list of Grand Chapter Advisors (last updated: 1/4/2019).
A GCA can expect to commit 7-10 hours per month in the performance of his responsibilities. Those responsibilities include:
- Presiding as the Chair of the Chapter Council.
- Building a Chapter Council with assistance from Alpha Sigma Phi Headquarters.
- Seeking and submitting qualified Chapter Council Advisor candidates to the Chapter Council for majority vote and approval. The GCA is encouraged to include members from outside his own chapter to serve on the Chapter Council.
- Representing the policies and procedures of Alpha Sigma Phi Headquarters while serving on the Chapter Council.
- Managing the relationship between the Chapter Council and Alpha Sigma Phi Headquarters.
- Managing the relationship between the the Chapter Council and the Alumni Association, Parents Club and House Corporation.
- Mentoring and coaching the following undergraduate officers: Chapter President and Vice President.
A specific limitation of the GCA is that at no time does he act on behalf of, or with the authority, of the Grand Council.
If you would like more information about being a Grand Chapter Advisor, or would like to express an interest in serving as a Grand Chapter Advisor, please send an email to email@example.com