Give Yourself Every Advantage
We know you have seen the television shows and watched the movies. You have likely read about Greeks in books, magazines, or have heard about fraternities on the news. We know how fraternities and fraternity men are often portrayed and stereotyped. This begs the question, why join Alpha Sig?
In reality, the membership benefits are many and varied. That's not to say Greek life is for everyone (it's not; it's a choice just as it's a choice to join any kind of organization on your campus). It's also not to say that you can't get the same results by doing it alone or joining some other kind of organization, but fraternities have benefited many men, their communities, and worthy causes for centuries. Here are some of the key membership benefits:
- You get a great way to make lifelong friends and build a network of resources for the rest of your life.
- You will be part of an organization with structured alumni events to welcome you when you return to campus as an alumnus during Homecoming, Alumni Weekend, Regional Alumni Ambassador events, etc. These events help to ensure that you never lose touch with your college friends in the Fraternity.
- You are likely to be among leaders and participate in a leadership laboratory on your campus. You'll have the opportunity to hold leadership positions and develop transferable and marketable skills to help you secure that key internship or job post-college.
- You'll have the opportunity to give back to the community by participating in a wide array of community service and philanthropic projects.
- There is a constant support network of undergraduates and alumni to help and support you academically and through the challenges of college and life.
- Participate in organized and structured intramural sports leagues so you won't have to worry about finding enough people in your residence hall to field a team.
- An active social calendar where you will get to meet other people with similar interests across campus.
- You will be part of the nation's tenth oldest Fraternity with alumni in all 50 states and many countries. You never know where you might bump into another Alpha Sig.
- For those lucky enough to be a founding member, you'll be able to create and build an organization from the ground up and leave a lasting legacy.
- Opportunity to participate in international leadership conferences that are free or have minimal registration costs (Alpha Sigma Phi has a Price Match Guarantee). Through these conferences, you'll meet brothers from around the country as well as gain valuable leadership skills.